How to tie a trench coat
It is easy to list all the reasons why we love spring. From the fashion perspective, the main reason is clear – we can finally replace our warm, heavy winter jackets with thick inner lining, with a light jacket with a high wearing comfort. We have waited the whole winter for this moment. Now he’s finally here! For this special moment we would like to spice up your look with the probably most timeless fashion piece of all time – the trench coat.
The trench coat is a popular classic for many reasons. Whether a spring thunderstorm or a windstorm strikes, the trench coat offers protection against an unexpected break in the weather through its amazing material and its thoughtful details. In addition, its details (the anatomy of the trench coat) are an absolute sophisticated fashion highlight.
When putting on the trench coat, everyone is asking a crucial question – What do you actually do with the belt? Just stupidly let it down? Or would you rather swap a double knot? Beautiful is neither of the two possibilities. Look at the step by step instructions (below) and learn how to tie a trench coat best, in front and in back.
in the front
- Pull the belt end without the buckle a bit longer and put it over the end with the buckle.
- Now pull the long end down and let both ends loosely hang.
- Draw the end of the belt without the buckle under the other end and keep it horizontal.
- Finally, take the long end through the resulting loop and tighten the belt.
in the back
- Draw the belt end without the buckle under the end with the buckle.
- Lay the belt end with a buckle over the other end and keep it horizontal.
- Pull the end with the buckle down, through the resulting circle.
- Finally, put the belt end with the buckle through the loop and tighten the belt.